This is one of my most fave salads ever. I only make it at Christmas time for ladies’ brunches and dinners.
I change my recipe to fit my needs and grocery store.
Red leaf lettuce works instead of Bibb lettuce. Any tart apple will do. I also use minced refrigerated garlic that comes in a jar. So, I guess…I totally veer from the original recipe, which I think came from an Old Southern Living magazine or maybe a index card, not really sure. 🙂
Cranberry Gorgonzola Green Salad
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use Canola)
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar (I’ve used apple cider vinegar)
- 3/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, pressed (I use the minced refrigerated jar garlic)
- 1 small head Bibb lettuce, torn (Red leaf works great!)
- 1 small head green leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 Granny Smith apple diced (or any tart apple)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
Combine first 4 ingredients; stir with whisk until blended. Set aside.
Just before serving, combine lettuce and remaining 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently.
Yield: 8 servings
[easy-share buttons=”no” counters=0 native=”selected” show_fblike=”yes”]
My kids do not appreciate the strong flavors. (They will eventually.) However, ladies always ask for more!