|My Texas Snowman (The limes and lemon came from my own trees!)
My friend gave me this idea…I just love it!
I’m not Santa.
I am a mother.
I have children.
Elves and children are not the same.
(As much as I want them to be sometimes…be honest – don’t you?)
I look at my children and almost start crying with how blessed I am to be their Mommy. I don’t deserve my children.
I feel like I deserve elves. (I’m being honest.)
Elves are simply not in my budget. I looked on ebay.
I’m kidding…I didn’t really. I still might.
My biggest task that I would have my ebay elves do would be…
You know, I can’t think of just one thing at the moment. I can think of several!
- Washing windows inside and out while it is cool outside. We live in a part of Texas that has 2 seasons, warm and Hot. Winter does not exist…today on the 29th of December it was 84 degrees and we turned on the a/c.
- They would clean my ceilings. I know…you might be thinking really? She doesn’t clean her ceilings…I clean my daily. Umm…I have no answer for that.
- They would re-cover my couches. Oh wait…they would make me new leather couches– custom designed.
- I would have them give me a pedicure daily – the color with be all glittery.
- I do like to work…hard manual work (my fave chore is with a machete but since we live in the city – I don’t get to clear fences anymore)…so I wouldn’t mind a shoulder rub once in awhile. See – I won’t become lazy – well at least not totally.
- I would have them lick all my
ChristmasHoliday Cards that are still yet to have gone out. I know I probably made people mad by saying Holiday cards…but I didn’t make them by Christmas and this gave me freedom to get them by New Year’s Day…hey, I could send them out by Valentine’s Day…see I have freedom. Except the envelopes still need to be licked and yearly letter still needs to be written. St. Patrick’s Day is in my vision.
Okay, I have more but it just seems silly to write them.
I don’t have elves. I will never have elves.
Mrs. Claus is a lucky lady.
I’m not her.
I’m a mother.
I will teach my children to lick envelopes and maybe make it a game so they will enjoy the process.
Happy Early St. Patrick’s Day!
Blessings to you! You are loved!