These are my thoughts this morning…disregard if you have something better to do…like polishing your mailbox flag or have a seat and explore my mind. (Be careful…it is a dangerous place!)
- People in Egypt are fighting for their rights this a.m. (I get that!) but why is it that every clip I see on the news, men in the crowds are jumping up and down, stretching and jumping up and down? I guess I’m just wondering if this a culture thing or is this the universal way of expressing displeasure? My kids did this when they were young and couldn’t speak.
(President Mubarak has been a hot topic in our homeschool lately. Praying for Egypt/Africa today.)
- Carbs. I hate them. I love them. I hate them. I love them.
- I love my new dog. Really. I don’t like animals most of the time. But, I’m head over heels over this strange, shedding, yellow character in our life. I can now say to her to sit and she sits. She is a smarty. I’m thinking Harvard is in her future. Oh, wait…she is a dog. I know that. Texas A and M loves dogs. She is going to be an Aggie! Whoop!
- I have lost my fave recipe book. I have lost my computer re-boot disks. I have lost my quiche dish. I have lost my green twine. (I know…who loses their green twine?!) I blame all of this on the Remodel. I needed all of this for one reason or another yesterday. It is in the black hole of remodeling.
- I love my friends. They make me smile – daily.
- I love my children. They truly make me cry – daily. (Tears of happiness – most days.)
- I love my husband. He just gets me. He understands my love language changes by the hour. He knows that certain words bug me. He knows that he shouldn’t laugh when I do something stupid. He encourages me. He also is easy to please – just say “duct tape” in a sentence and you have won him over. Or make him “banana bread”. Or say “I’m going to the mall”…oh, wait that last one was my love language.
Okay, I’m sure all of you are now polishing that pretty little red flag on your mailbox.
Blessings to you! You are loved!