I live each day as there is no tomorrow, in my mind anyways.
Here are things that I purpose in my life:
- I try to make each one of my children laugh at least once a day. A real belly laugh. Not a courtesy laugh.
- I don’t go to bed angry. I will stay up all night long and take a nap during the day, if need be.
- I tell my kids that they are each my favorite child. (They might have some idea that I tell all five of them this, but I think they like it.)
- I make sure that my hubby knows that he is loved and try to fulfill his love language, daily. (If you don’t know the Five Love Languages by Gary Smalley, it is worth the read!)
- Having all my laundry done in one day.
- Listening to my children tell me what their dreams are and how they want to fulfill them.
- Loving Jesus and others as He loves me.
- I’m sure I have more…
As I was working in my garden today, I was listening to the laughter of my children playing together. I was seeing my husband doing back-breaking work un-hauling topsoil and compost into the garden beds just because he loves me and I asked him to help me. I was seeing the gorgeous green birds fly over our house to roost for the night.
And it hit me…I felt like Mary did when she pondered these things in her heart.
I’m so thankful for the Lord giving me the desires of my heart.
I can’t explain it. I won’t even try. I just know that I’m thankful.
Blessings to you! You are loved!