This day was like most others – our homeschool morning schedule was interrupted. Regular schedule or program thrown out the window. Well, life happens and that is okay.
- Hubby left a warm cup of creamy coffee on my nightstand. (I love hubby.)
- Hubby kissed me goodbye. (I really love hubby.)
- Hubby left for work. (This makes me so sad.)
- Kids are super quiet so Mommy can sleep a little more while they do their chores and their schoolwork i.e. Math, Writing and Bible reading. (I love my kids.)
- Kids are too quiet.
Normal morning ends.
- Eldest child is not feeling well – he goes back to bed. School for the rest of them is now delayed. (We work together.)
- Mom has to make 10.5 phone calls for an upcoming road trip.
- Mom then checks email.
- Mom finds email from a company that sent her a package (a HUGE stainless steel sink) the previous day and she has to send it back.
- Fed-Ex is scheduled to show up at any moment.
Somehow Mom gets dressed (she thinks)
- Mom has to take the entire laptop into the office to print out a label for the huge sink mistake.
- Mom finds huge mess in the office left by dogs and kids.
- Mom then calls for kids (non-sick ones) to clean up the mess.
- Mom then has to find packing tape to re-tape the mysterious HUGE sink in her living room.
- All kids are now advised to find any tape because the Fed-Ex man could be here any moment.
- Mom finds roll of packing tape in craft closet.
Mom then looks at cool coffee on nightstand and remembers the phone calls.
- Mom tapes box.
- Mom needs lessons on how to tape box securely. Next time Mom will use hot glue gun.
- Mom realizes she is not dressed well.
- Mom then goes back to her room and checks more emails.
- Mom realizes she has an appointment at 3:00 p.m. that she has to do 2 hours of work before then.
Dad sends text message that he can’t come home for lunch.
- Mom realizes she has not had breakfast or the cup of delicious coffee.
- Mom then gets dressed a little better…like with “her” shirt this time.
- Mom then goes into kitchen and makes dinner in the crock-pot.
- Mom instructs kids to make their own lunch…PB and J tortilla roll-ups – their fave.
- Fed-Ex man shows ups with more “gifts” and takes the HUGE sink.
Morning is officially ended.
(We are not a public school. My kids do not learn the same way I did in school. And that is okay. They are also learning when one part of the body hurts or is missing – others have to take up the slack. My 2nd born took up his brother’s chores today. It was refreshing to see him do it with joy.)
#Sigh I had so much more I wanted to do! But, that is okay…life is still good and someone is getting their BIG sink soon.
iLoveMy5Kids has a new look. It has officially changed from free Google Blogger Blog to a paid WordPress blog.
What does that mean you might be asking? Well, it means it is easier for me to blog. There might be a few hiccups here and there but hopefully nothing major. I will be sending out a new post sharing some of the other neat changes as soon as I get a brief uninterrupted hour. 🙂
Blessings to you! You are loved!