Top Reasons I Homeschool My Kids
- I want my kids to have something to share with their therapist when they are older.
- I like spending ALL my waking hours thinking about curriculum or
if my kids are learning everything they need to know to keep them out of prison.
- I love answering questions from complete strangers “Oh, homeschool is legal?”
As if I’d carry all my kids out in public on a school day if it wasn’t.
- I love the “classroom look” in the dining room.
- And are you curious what the last one of my not so serious list is???
Okay…this one is intent. Not slap-stick.
I LOVE the one-on-one time with the Principal.
AND no school board can tell me not to kiss him or have PDA (public display of affection) if we are in front of the class.
Seriously, I love my job. Homeschooling is a gift to me. I get to pour into my kids the love of learning.
I don’t take it lightly. It is ordained from God for me to teach them. It is not be for everyone to teach (scripture is VERY clear on that) but I do know that I have no regrets in being able to share these short precious years with my children.
I love learning right beside them. I love being able to take them to foreign lands by reading stories out loud. I love building science experiments on the kitchen counter. I love taking field trips and really being to grasp history. I love seeing their faces light up when they grasp a hard concept. (Or even better when we grasp it at the same time.)
Do you love your job?
Did you know that I write for The Homeschool Post? If you homeschool, all the authors give so much wisdom, daily. Their insight help me so much in this journey. Just a tidbit of info, I thought I would pass on.
Blessings to you! You are loved!
This Works for Me!