I love to celebrate holidays. Today is Mardi Gras and it is no exception!
I must tell you though, we don’t celebrate it like they do in New Orleans. We are not Catholic. Although, most people think we are because we have so many kids. Yet, most Catholics we do know, only have 2 kids. Go figure!
- We celebrate it because we are adventurous folks who like Duck Dynasty.
- We celebrate it because Easter is coming.
- I just need another reason to play Cajun music, loudly.
(If you don’t know – I love Cajun music. I have no idea what is being said and it just makes me happy, happy, happy.)
- I love to see my kids dance to the Cajun beat and lip synch French or whatever they are speaking.
- I love the colors.
- I love fleur di lis.
- We like the New Orleans Saints.
The colors of Mardi Gras remind me of Christ. I explain more about it in my easy yet cheap Mardi Gras Wreath post.
Plus, if you are looking for some party ideas, take a look at our Mardi Gras party we had for my husband and a sweet friend who share birthdays. Seriously, it was so much fun. He wants another one like this, too bad Mardi Gras came too early this year.
Do you celebrate Mardi Gras? How do you make holidays special for your family?
Blessings to you! You are loved!