From the publisher:
Weird and Wonderful Creations is a bind up of the nonfiction Made By God series. With photos and facts showing children the wonders of God’s creation, this collection includes four complete early reader titles as well as over 200 additional facts throughout the book. Some of the creatures featured include whales, tarantulas, bats, sea turtles, and more.
Weird and Wonderful Creations includes:
- Spiders, Snakes, Bees and Bats
- Big Bugs, Little Bugs
- Poisonous, Smelly, and Amazing Plants
My son loves anything that has to do with nature. When I saw the photos in this book, I knew they would catch his eye.
He is an early reader and he had no trouble reading this book. It definitely kept his attention and I loved that he was learning and reading out loud.
Let me get to the pros and cons of this book:
- The book has awesome photos of cool looking bugs, insects, plants and wildlife.
- The book has tons of trivia about cool looking bugs, insects, plants and wildlife.
- The book is larger than easy readers which is great for sitting on the couch to share beside a proficient reader.
- The book has a subject index which is awesome for unit studies! My personal fave!
- The vocabulary in the book is more like for the ages of 8 than a 4 year old.
The book was one that we will use over and over for a read aloud and possibly science reading.
My favorite tidbit was finding out that there were no snakes in Ireland. I had no idea! Another reason to go!
Overall, I would certainly recommend this book!
Blessings to you! You are loved!
[button align=”” color=”” size=”” link=””]Note: I may have been sent complimentary copy for review purposes only. Any links can be affiliates meaning if you buy something I might get some pennies. This review has not been monetarily compensated. The review was my honest opinion and views and not influenced by the sponsor in any way.[/button]