Back when I first started to blog almost 9 years ago, I did a post similar to this one. But – times have changed. I have changed. So I decided to write another one without even reading the past post. Honestly, I have know idea if it was even published. I do that many times…start a post and forget to publish.
So here she goes…
10 Things you may not know about me
- My best friend in the entire world is my hubby. I could survive on a deserted island with him and Jesus. We have been married almost 20 years and he still makes me blush and laugh. I think he is a genius and the most honorable man I know. He is my biggest cheerleader and my favorite spiritual leader.
- We have 5 children and desire more. I had a miscarriage a few years ago and just recently we decided to explore other options. Even if the Lord never gives us another baby – we have been blessed more than we deserve.
- I love to fish. I can bait my hook like a champ but can’t seem to muster the courage to take a fish off my hook. It makes me very uneasy and squeamish. Being near the water soothes me.
- I could be an investigator. Just recently, I rode with our local Police Department for a day and had a blast. If I wasn’t a mother who homeschools, I would be a real live Jessica Fletcher. (For those who don’t know the reference, JB is from Murder She Wrote.)
- I love technology. I love CSS and HTML. I love to learn how things work as long as it doesn’t involve a screwdriver.
- I love stopping at Flea Markets and Garage Sales. I call them Treasure Hunts. I don’t even have to buy anything but I love finding a sweet deal!
- My favorite time of day is Sunset Time. We live on a lake (in a house called the Lighthouse that we are still in the process of remodeling) and sunsets make me appreciate my Creator more than anything.
- My husband and I are preparing to be the best Grandparents. We can’t wait for our children to go on date nights with their future spouses and drop their babies at our house for the weekend. I should mention, none of my kids are even dating right now and have no plans to be parents anytime soon.
- I love to travel! I have been to the Andes, the Rockies, the Appalachians, the Swiss Alps and my favorite mountain range is in Big Bend National Park, in Texas. It is a wilderness like no other.
I probably like it the most because I love exploring new things with my family. Where they are – I am content.
- I love teaching! And since I said 10 things, I will combine a few things in this last one. I love trying new things, activities and decorating. And the final thing: I love transforming something old into something new.
Okay, that is my 10+ Things!
I should also mention, I love Jesus and desire to live like Him. But, if you know me at all, I pray you would know this and it would not even be a question.
Blessings to you! You are loved!