Kitchen Organization Edition
It doesn’t really have to do with kitchen organization except that I wouldn’t have a kitchen without these posted up on my fridge and it makes my life totally organized in every other way. So, I guess it is kitchen organization in a round sort of way.
I’m a growing mom who makes tons of mistakes. I hear of moms that seem to have it all together and just want to bask in their presence. I wish I could say that I’ve never yelled or spoke harshly at my children. I can say however, I’m trying and succeeding. Sometimes these rules just seem to be for my husband and me.
We make it fun, like to go over them at dinner time. That way it is not in the HEAT of the moment and it is easier to swallow. Even my 4 year old can quote most of them. We keep ours on the kitchen fridge so we see them daily.
Well here they are: Our FAMILY RULES
- Always use soft words, even when you don’t feel well.
- Always display kind actions, even if you have been mistreated.
- Show joyful attitudes even when no one is looking.
- Have sincere motives with no thought of self-gain.
- Think pure thoughts.
- Always give a good report of others. Never talebear unless physical harm will come to someone. Use Matthew 18.
- Never raise a hand to hit.
- Never raise a foot to kick.
- Never raise an object to throw.
- Never raise a voice to yell.
- Never raise an eye to scowl.
- Use one toy/activity at a time.
- Never let the sun go down on your wrath. (Don’t go to bed angry or guilty)
- Amendment J.O.Y. – Make serving your family a priority.
Put Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last.
I originally got the rules from the Duggar Family website. Since we have started the rules, they have tweaked theirs so they fit their family, which I would suggest the same for anyone.
I contacted The Duggar Family just to have permission to use them. They were happy to let us.
I pray that this post will really encourage someone who might be struggling in these areas.
Wow, I love that J.O.Y. thing!!
Herb of Grace says
Thanks for this post! My daughter is now old enough to really benefit from something like this. And like you said, important to reinforce outside of the heat of the moment, or a conflict.
Enjoyed your family rules.
Jen M says
What a wonderful set of rules! Thanks so much for sharing them.
Sources of Joy says
I like these rules. I think I’d combine them with these rules I found today
Thanks for visiting my site and being sweet enough to comment! I’m so new to blogging that it’s very encouraging to see people hop on. 🙂