Well here they are: Our FAMILY RULES
- Always use soft words, even when you don’t feel well.
- Always display kind actions, even if you have been mistreated.
- Show joyful attitudes even when no one is looking.
- Have sincere motives with no thought of self-gain.
- Think pure thoughts.
- Always give a good report of others. Never talebear unless physical harm will come to someone. Use Matthew 18.
- Never raise a hand to hit.
- Never raise a foot to kick.
- Never raise an object to throw.
- Never raise a voice to yell.
- Never raise an eye to scowl.
- Use one toy/activity at a time.
- Never let the sun go down on your wrath. (Don’t go to bed angry or guilty)
- Amendment J.O.Y. – Make serving your family a priority.
Put Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last.
I originally got the rules from the Duggar Family website. Since we have started the rules, they have tweaked theirs so they fit their family, which I would suggest the same for anyone.
I contacted The Duggar Family just to have permission to use them. They were happy to let us.
I pray that this post will really encourage someone who might be struggling in these areas.