|Running the Race|
Olympics started early this morning. (I know this is before the opening ceremonies.)
Soccer and Archery started 2 days early, apparently team members need their rest. If I ran like them…I need a year of rest.
I guess since we are studying Ancient Greece, I’m even more excited about these games. Plus, it is in London.
Can I just tell you – I love London! Big Ben, Piccadilly Circus, the Parks, the Queen, the jewels, the changing of the guards, not to mention – tea time! Love it!!!
My hubby will speak in his British accent and my knees just melt. Mind you the man is from Kentucky, but you would never know it, when he is in his English mode.
Okay, enough lovey dovey talk….
Homeschoolers are going OLYMPIC CRAZY!
Here are few Olympic Ideas…
- What’s in the Bible activity pack.
- Olympic E-book. (I can teach my child.)
- An Entire Olympic Blogging Series and History
- An Olympic Contest: Winner gets iTunes Card (Great for kids!)
- Olympic Lapbook (We love these!)
- Olympics For Kids: Olympics History and Fun Facts About the Olympic Games (Books For Boys 8-10)Free Olympic Book for Kindle Users
- Amanda Bennett Olympic Study (She offers a free lapbook too.)
- An online Olympic Co-op (Sign up via Facebook.)
Hope you are enjoying this once in 4 years history making event!
I can’t decide if I like swimming or diving more! Do you have a favorite event?