I love birds!
It wasn’t until we started homeschooling that I realized how many different birds there were in the United States.
We then moved to a Birder’s Paradise:
Then we moved,
To East Texas by a beautiful lake and I have NO idea what birds keep visiting us.
I am just a novice. I can tell what some birds are based on their color. But, when it comes to sounds or birds in flight, I’m lost.
Last week, I stumbled upon a new Birding App for my iPhone.
It truly has been the Best Birder App for Beginners, like me.
Already I have learned some new birds that visit our backyard. And ones I thought I knew, I was wrong. This Bird App was very clear in showing me the correct bird and the correct name.
It works simply by asking a few questions:
- Where did you see the bird? Enter your zip.
- When did you see the bird?
- What size was the bird? It gives you 7 choices from a Sparrow to a Goose or larger.
- What were the main colors? It gives you 9 colors that you can pick up to 3.
- Then you explain what the bird was doing i.e. eating at a feeder, swimming, on the ground, in trees or soaring.
Then it gives you choices for the bird you may have seen. Thus far, it has worked every single time. It even gives you the songs the birds sing so then you can start recognizing them by their voices.
I really like this app. They have NO idea who I am and just thought I would share for those who might want to learn more about birds.
For a super easy bird craft, check out our Bird Seed Craft.
If you have another Bird App, feel free to share it with me! I love learning new things!
Blessings to you! You are loved!