I like this recipe. There are so many versions of it. I like them all – well I probably would – I KNOW I like this one for sure!
My family gave it 14 thumbs up.
(We have 7 people in our family.)
I would serve it with fruit or something else. We ate it by itself and we were still hungry. This would be a great dish to take to a brunch or breakfast gathering. YUMMY!
Let me say one more thing. This recipe is so forgiving. If you don’t have an ingredient find something else. I do this with just about every recipe – very seldom does one truly flop. Be creative – add spinach, ham, mushrooms or even tomatoes.
- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 1 med. sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed (I used what I had.)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (again I didn’t have that much)
- 1 1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese (just eyeball it)
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese (I used Italian or something white)
Cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp, drain. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a 13x9x2 baking dish.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until set and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Yes, these picture above were from last year. I apparently have not taken many pictures of all of us at a table eating.
Blessings to you! You are loved!