I love pasta!
My kids are not fans of pasta…I think they might be extra-terrestrial beings sometimes.
I could live in Italy.
My children also love being in Wal-Mart, for hours.
Again, I believe my real children, from my genes, must have been abducted from the earth and I was sent replacements that love camping in Wal-Mart and don’t like Italian food (except pizza).
(I think I’ve proven my point and hopefully no one from NASA will show up to check their blood type.)
Saying all that – they “liked” this recipe! And it filled their little tummies and made them sleep for hours!
EASY BAKED ZITI
- 1 box of uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce or make your own
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I don’t really measure – just a lot.)
- Parmesan Cheese, grated or the stuff in the can
- Cook pasta to al dente in salted water. Not to soft – not to hard.
- Brown turkey.
- Pour sauce over meat. I divided the meat mixture into three’s.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, cheeses.
- Drain pasta. Add cheese mixture.
- Spoon 1/3 meat mixture into rectangle baking dish. Top with 1/2 pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat.
- Cover and bake 350 degrees for 40 or so minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little more cheese and bake until melted.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Call the aliens and tell them it came from Neptune’s Wal-Mart. Enjoy!
Blessings to you! You are loved!