In our house, we watch the news. Sometimes it is overwhelming and we (even the adults) don’t understand how the United States government is run.
Some of the questions my eldest had while watching the Primary coverage are:
- Why doesn’t the democrats have a primary?
- Do the states that have early primaries really matter?
- What is the main difference between the parties?
- What does this have to do with us?
So glad he voiced his concerns – the teacher in me went happy and did a little dance. Thrilled with the opportunity to learn together and so I started researching.
Cue the dramatic music:
|Photo: Homeschool Share Elections|
Okay, this is so exciting – if you have not a clue about lapbooks they are my lifesaver. I will put away ALL other curricula for a day of lapbooking. My kids learn what is important and relevant to them.
Lapbooking is like a scrapbook of one subject. There are tons of resources and no right or wrong way to do them.
We work as a team and learn together.
- My youngest two – will do all the coloring.
- My eldest does the research and the writing parts.
- My decorator will put it in a file and organize it according to color fashion.
- The teacher sits back and watches the most amazing thing happen – her little children work as a team with smiles. Yippee! Hooray! Whohoo!
- Not to mention – sweet memories! (And something to show Dad at the end of the day!)
Are you staying up to date with the elections?
I have a feeling we will be after this lapbook.
Plus we are having a mini-field trip to Austin (our state capital) and get an upfront look at how are state is run. I love teaching and being able to make things become alive!
Blessings to you! You are loved!