This week has been crazy with me being the cook.
First I actually have cooked.
My family was pretty happy about that fact.
2nd crazy thing is I have been trying some new options.
- Monday: Chicken Pot Pie (Amazing! And super simple – that recipe will be on the blog very soon!)
- Tuesday: Cabbage Rolls and Tacos (The cabbage rolls took longer than I thought they would and the natives were hungry. So we whipped up tacos for a fast creative option for HANGRY peeps.)
- Wednesday: Wendy’s Chili in a crockpot (A regular staple. Super easy!) Plus, homemade cornbread.
- Thursday: |Crescent City Jambalaya
A photo posted by @loving5kids on
(Super easy recipe! I keep all the ingredients on hand for a super fast meal with little prep. I added more water than was called and used Rotel tomatoes were my only changes.)
- Friday: Hopefully Homemade Pizza made by my daughters.
- Saturday: Chicken Tortilla Soup in a crockpot made to share with a family friend who just had surgery. Plus, a quick banana pudding.
Sides usually included a variety of salads. Whatever we could throw in a bowl really quick.
This has been a really good and busy week. Sometimes I forget to meal plan, what I mean by sometimes, is mostly all the time. So I while I strive to do better, there will be days I just stare at the fridge and hope something will just magically appear. Please invent that soon, Mr. Superman or Ms. SuperWoman. I will gladly invest in that apparatus.
Blessings to you! You are loved!